HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager (RN) Perioperative Services, Days in Austin, Texas
The Nursing Manager, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible for the clinical and financial outcomes of designated clinical unit/units. The manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the unit, including promoting positive patient, employee and physician satisfaction. The manager will assist the unit director to meet or exceed the monthly operating budget. The manager in collaboration with the clinical nurse educator will assure appropriate unit orientation and ongoing staff competency.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction and outcomes.
_ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES_:
- Manages unit/units operations.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of event notification reports and forwards to appropriate department manager/director within 24 hours.
- Develops and participates in Performance Improvement reports on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Facilitates involvement of staff in Performance Improvement activities.
- Provides input to the development of the unit budget. Monitors daily unit productivity and addresses daily variances with the director.
- Collaborates with Charge Nurse and Supv Nursing Unit to resolve unit operational issues.
- Interprets hospital and personnel policies to physicians, nursing staff, patients, visitors, and other health care providers.
- Assigns additional duties to staff to promote optimal unit operations.
- Observes condition of facilities and takes corrective action to solve existing or potential problems.
- Assist in twenty-four hours, seven-day-a-week, coverage of unit, including staffing responsibilities.
- Works as needed in the unit following SDHRN expectations.
- Manages unit/units personnel activities.
- Coordinates staff development and orientation of new employees.
- Ensures competency checklists are completed by the end of the initial employment period and the 90-day evaluation is submitted on time.
- The manager in collaboration with the director will interview and hire new employees.
- Coordinates student/unit experience with the nursing school instructor.
- Develops and finalizes unit schedules according to staffing guidelines.
- Plan for core staffing coverage of unit.
- Coordinates with the clinical nurse educator, (if applicable), attendance of personnel at required educational offerings.
- Completes personnel performance appraisals, including goals and objectives and submits to H.R. by the deadline date.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies.
- Provides employee counseling and initiates the disciplinary process when the manager deems it necessary.
- Maintains clinical competencies in assigned unit.
- Coordinates inter and intra departmental activities of the unit/units.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings on each shift to share and receive information.
- Provides follow up with physician and patient/family issues.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with nursing standards of care.
- Monitors patient/physician/employee satisfaction and provides follow-up by developing action plan with the unit director.
- Assist with the interdisciplinary collaboration in care of patients.
- Develops a professional climate within the nursing unit/units.
- Acts as a change agent through role modeling.
- Maintains current professional growth through independent study and continuing education programs.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to the company’s affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policy in regards to all employment decisions.
- Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
- Employee reflects SDH Service Excellence standards in every interaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
_KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES_:
Establishes priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature. Interfaces directly with administration, physicians, public, staff, and all members of the health care team. Represents unit and administration. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St. David’s South Austin Medical Center.
Preferred: Computer skills
_EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE_:
Required: Graduate from an accredited nursing program; minimum of three years experience as a charge nurse, coordinator, or supervisor
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum of three years experience in a supervisor or charge nurse role _ _ _LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES_:
Required: Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; BCLS Certification; ACLS; TNCC and PALS within 1 year of hire
Preferred: CCI Board Certification such as CNOR, CSSM or ASPAN _ _
Job: *Nursing Mgmt & Admin
Title: Nurse Manager (RN) Perioperative Services, Days
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-59296