Cigna Registered Nurse - RN Onsite Health Coach - Denison, TX in Denison, Texas
The Onsite Health Coach will work closely with Client's Health/Wellness/HR team(s), Client's other healthcare partners, other Cigna team members and Client's Wellness Committee (key stakeholders) in meeting the organization's health management goals.
• Work closely with Client and their partners in evaluating present health management program and assist in formulating plan for future wellness programming.
• Work closely with Client, their vendors and Cigna operations teams.
• Provide onsite face-to-face employee coaching, support and education.
• Assist in the identification of members' health advocacy needs.
• Utilize motivational interviewing and engagement strategies to support overall health and wellness of employees.
• Educate and refer members to available health resources when appropriate.
• Provide onsite support to members in order to help them identify a need for behavior change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
• Educate members about the availability of decision support tools where multiple treatment options are available.
• Follow up with employees to ensure that wellness program engagement has been achieved and assess future educational and/or program referral needs.
• Document interactions and interventions as directed using Cigna health technology tools.
• Consult with other onsite health and wellness resources to ensure employee's comprehensive health needs are being addressed.
• Provide health and wellness education utilizing a multitude of media including group presentations, support group facilitation, creative use of modalities (i.e. games, quizzes, etc), newsletter contributions, etc.
• Support the design and implementation of site Health Fairs.
• Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in health and wellness field.
• Bachelor's / Master’s degree in health education, health promotion, or related field preferred.
• CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) successful exam completion desired.
• Experience with direct member communication (written and verbal).
• Experience in health education and wellness coaching preferred.
• Experience conducting educational and support groups preferred.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors.
• Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior Client service to organizations and individuals.
• Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of behavior change theories and their application.
• Proven administrative abilities with strong computer and software application skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities.
• A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Passion for health improvement.
• Self-directness and the ability succeed in an independent role.
Quarterly travel to Plano TX for health fairs is required.
This role is based in Denison TX. Relocation is not offered.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must complete a background check, drug and nicotine screen to be employed in this role.
Primary Location: Denison-Texas
Work Locations: 4616 South US Hwy 75 Denison 75020
Job: Med Mgt--Case Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 6:04:14 PM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.