HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department in N Richland Hills, Texas
Registered Nurse – RN Emergency Services – Emergency Department Emergency Room - ER PRN
*Medical City North Hills *is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015.
TheEmergency Department RNis responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Administers medication, IV therapy and treatments to assigned patients in an effective and timely manner.
- Accepts, transcribes, initiates and carries out physician orders in accordance with established policies.
- Performs triage functions; Assess patient immediately on arrival; Assigns category based on urgency of illness/injury.
- Communicates with other departments in effective and timely manner to address patient care needs.
- Clinically proficient in emergency room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
- Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
- Associate’s degree required; BSN preferred.
- ER clinical experience preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted (TX State RN license required within 30 days of hire).
- BLS and ACLS certification required at hire.
- PALS or ENPC required within 90 days of hire.
- TNCC required within one year of hire.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-Medical City North Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-99970