HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager (RN) Surgery (Operating Room), Days in Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock Medical Center
(Located in the Austin Texas area)
This Position, under the supervision of the Director, oversees the patient care team of RN’S, Surgical Technologists, Central Sterile, PCT’s, Supervisors , and other team members as assigned. The Manager is responsible for daily operations of the units, supervision of the supervisors and charge nurses and collaborates on clinical issues and verbal discipline/coaching with follow up documentation. The Manager coordinates performance appraisal data gathering, monitors and supervises unit participation in quality improvement, assesses staff need for education and provides hands on patient care coaching. The Manager is responsible to meet all, but not to perform on a daily basis, job duties as outlined in the Registered Nurse job description, when required by patient unit needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: RN with minimum of three years of OR Experience.
Preferred: B.S.N. with minimum of three years supervisory experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas, BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire
**ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Unit Operations: Ensures daily unit operations in collaboration with other members of the patient care team.
· Supports the philosophy and mission ,vision and values of St. David’s Health Care Partnership through a positive interaction with staff, physicians, patients and families.
· Interprets hospital and personnel policies to physicians, nursing staff patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
· Reviews patient and employee incident reports,OSHA forms, and related paperwork within 24 hours of incident report and monitors trends. Reports this information to the Director.
· Maintains complete staff/patient assignment records 100% of the time. Assures case staffing guidelines are met.
· Develops and sustains an environment in the patient care unit that supports excellence and innovation in clinical nursing practice and patient care through assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programs and standard that support positive patient care outcomes.
· Performs a variety of staff management functions that include, but are not limited to:
o Staff evaluation
o Counseling and termination of staff
· Delegates authority and accountability to nursing and ancillary staff for clinical practice and patient care decisions that are consistent with professional standards, regulatory agencies and organizational policies and procedures.
· Maintains an ongoing Quality Improvement plan and process consistent with the organizational Quality Management Plan; develops and implements unit specific standards, policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care and services; continuously assesses and improves assigned departments’ performance while enhancing services.
Manages Unit personnel Activities.
· Ensures completion of daily staffing sheets by Supervisor.
· Collaborates with Scheduling, Clinical Supervisor or Director to plan staffing.
· Sets Priorities for the unit coaching the team to ensure successful completion of tasks.
· Oversees compliance with hospital policies, regulatory standards, employee health.
· Plans activities to ensure competency of staff with ongoing staff development for assigned unit.
· Conducts employee evaluations and counseling in a timely manner.
Actively promotes positive intra-and inter departmental activities of the unit.
· Serves as a resource to the patient care team on clinical issues, facility policies and the use of hospital equipment.
· Exercises appropriate independent judgment. Performs efficiently in an emergency.
· Takes appropriate action to manage/prevent accidents in the O.R.
· Conducts monthly unit conferences to enhance team building and provide information to the team. Participates in and/or chairs committees, work groups, and meeting as appropriate.
Ensures that patient needs are met in a competent and timely manner.
· Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as indicated.
· Assures nursing interventions are performed and recorded according to policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
· Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
· Identified patient and family needs of the populations served: recommends and/or develops new programs and services to meet those needs; assures that age specific equipment, supplies and educational resources are available for assigned units/services.
Consistently exhibits behavior which demonstrates a positive attitude and which serves as a role model to the staff.
· Through daily interaction, demonstrates the core values of treating those we serve with compassion and kindness while recognizing the unique and intrinsic value of each individual.
· Acts with absolute integrity and fairness. Treats colleagues, patients and families with respect, loyalty, and dignity.
· Exhibits behavior that demonstrates a positive attitude and which serves as a role model to the staff.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Nurse Manager (RN) Surgery (Operating Room), Days
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-58691