HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care (ICU) Nights in Round Rock, Texas
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Centeris part ofSt. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awardin 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence fromHealthgradesand also earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Group.
_POSITION SUMMARY_ The RN, under the supervision of the Supervisor Nursing Unit or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
The patient population seen in the ICU may include the pediatric patient (>4 years) through the geriatric patient. The ICU nurse may be required to care for patients with, but not limited to: Swan Ganz, arterial lines, temporary and/or external pacemakers, central lines, ventilators and CVVHD. Staffing ratios are in accordance with the AACN guidelines.
_ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES_
Maintains productivity by the flexible and efficient organization of patient care assignments and other duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving to meet changing departmental and patient needs.
- Independently assesses and evaluates patient needs.
- Provides psychological and social support to the patient and family.
- Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of St. David’s Healthcare Partnership through a positive interaction with all visitors on the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working environment.
- Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care are noted and correctly transcribed.
Demonstrates awareness of and a commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Round Rock Medical Center and the St. David’s Healthcare Partnership.
- Understands how team performance contributes to the overall business success of the partnership.
- Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other business goals with delivery of quality services.
- Considers sources in the performance of routine procedures.
Responds to the developmental needs of the patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient growth and development and by providing individualized patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and learning, needs.
- Keep physicians and the Supervisor, Nursing Unit and/or Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient and family.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
Actively assists the Supervisor of Nursing Unit and/or the Charge Nurse in the promotion of positive intra and inter departmental activities.
- Understands role and how it relates to others.
- Consistently completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Takes action to respect the needs and contributions of other, regardless of personal opinion, to support group decisions.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary discharge planning by identifying needs, assisting with discharge teaching, and facilitating the coordination of family with other services.
- Acts as role model for other team members.
Takes responsibility for improving work process and the elimination of unnecessary activities.
- Identifies problems/inefficiencies and seeks input from others towards solving problems.
- Demonstrates an on-going knowledge of hospital and unit performance improvement processes and participates in the process.
_EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE_ Required: *Graduation from a NLN accredited school of nursing; 1-3 years of experience in a like unit. * Preferred: BSN, Able to recognize cardiac rhythms
*LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES* Required: Licensed in the state of Texas as RN,AHA BLS at time of hire,ACLS within 90 days of hire; TNCC within 1 year of hire
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care (ICU) Nights
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-58571